Building Authentic Relationships is a 7-day intensive residential retreat with focus on our
personal and professional relationships. The retreat is suitable for beginners and advanced practitioners in Nonviolent Communication (a process developed by Marshall Rosenberg)
Facilitators and Trainers: Kathleen Macferran, Javor Škerlj Vogelnik, and Dmitriy Kopina.
To register: https://sit.nvc.si/
We would like to welcome you to this special retreat which we designed for people new to Nonviolent Communication as well as for advanced practitioners and trainers in the process of certification, who wish to deepen their already abundant skills and experiences with the Language of Life. You might wish to join this retreat if you are interested in achieving better understanding, cooperation, efficiency or mutual respect in communication both in your personal relationships as well as at work.
The process work will be facilitated by Kathleen Macferran who has abundant experience in holding spaces for learners of all levels participating in the same room and everyone getting learning.
Please feel most welcome even if you have no experiences with Nonviolent communication whatsoever. Participants who are new to NVC will have additional support from trainers Dmitriy and Javor with parallel workshops. Our group diversity will bring additional aliveness into the focused learning process and invite direct application of the teachings.
Below are some of the topics you will be invited to inquire about during this retreat. While some of topics focus more on the work environment and leadership, others embrace the personal relationships with family, partners and children, all of them are interconnected.
Topics related to personal environment:
- What matters most to me?
- How can I more fully live in alignment with my values?
- Speaking and listening to my loved ones in ways that inspire compassion
- What is NVC
- How can I be guided by the principles of Nonviolent Communication while being true to my own authentic expression?
- How do I interact with my children, friends and intimate partners in ways that are authentic to me, yet connecting in all the different contexts?
- Transform blame and judgement into connection
- Develop the concrete skills of nonviolence leading to reconciliation with ourselves and our family members
- How to facilitate reconciliation when you are part of the conflict
- How to facilitate reconciliation when you are not part of the conflict
- How can we engage with conflict in ways that make us all more secure?
- Can we find the beauty in conflict?
- Empathic responses in the midst of conflict to deescalate the situation
Topics related to work environment:
- A quality of listening that inspires connection
- Expressing yourself in ways that inspire collaboration
- How do I interact with my professional colleagues and keep an authentic connection as well as efficiency at work place.
- What is conflict?
- How to engaging with conflict at work place in a constructive way
- How can I make a difference in my professional relationships to bring about more collaboration and ease in getting along?
- Discover how to come back to centre when upset and deliver an authentic and empowering speech as a leader
- Explore individual and systemic options for engaging with conflict in the work environment
- How to co-create restorative systems in the professional working environment
- Leadership with shared power and shared resources
- How to build trust with co-workers
- Mediation processes at work place
- Efficiency at work place and care for all employees
- How to structure and lead inspiring meetings and conferences
- How can I give and receive feedback as an executive of a company and be honest and caring at the same time
Translation: into Slovene if needed
To register: https://sit.nvc.si/
Trainers and organizers
Certified trainer and assessor with the International Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
Kathleen holds a vision for a peaceful, just and sustainable world. She has worked as a Certified Trainer for the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) since 2003, is an assessor for CNVC certification candidates, and served on the Integration Council for the restructuring of this international organization. Community system building and conflict transformation are passions of hers.
Kathleen has worked with organizations and individuals including businesses, schools, colleges, community groups, faith-based communities, hospitals, families, prison inmates, and correctional and law enforcement employees. She serves as a lead trainer for the Freedom Project of Seattle, an organization that strengthens community safety by supporting the transformation of prisoners into peacemakers.
Kathleen offers trainings, facilitation, system building and mediation using practical skills that lead to reconciliation with ourselves, our loved ones and our communities. For over 30 years Kathleen has explored ways to restore harmony to communities including two decades as a music conductor and leader of a nonprofit organization, and seven years as a public school teacher. Her website is www.StrengthofConnection.com where her two TEDx talks can be found.
Javor Škerlj Vogelnik
Candidate for certificate trainer with the International Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
Javor is a professor of Sport Science with many years of work experiences in the field of sports. In the last years his passion is in dance/movement, music, artistic wood crafting and in offering conflict resolution support to individuals and groups. He sees Nonviolent communication as a bridge to a deeper self connection and to connection with others. He is excited about its practical application in everyday life and has decided to step into the certification process with the International center of Nonviolent communication.
Javor’s inspirations for art, projects and workshops mostly derive from a unique connection with nature and its Fairy wonders. In his workshop offerings, he enjoys combining NVC with movement based practices, which welcome movement with whatever is alive within self in the present moment.
Certified trainer with the International Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
Dmitriy is being human at first and finding precious gift of Life in him and any other living being, thru connection and empathy, is the main aim of Life in him.
Deeply connected with mother Nature he is in his quest toward exploration, joy, grow, care, love and admiring the beauty of needs and feelings Life brings to us.
His life mission and purpose involve activities that are supporting individuals finding their authenticity, fullness of life and awareness; connecting people together, building “power with” communities based on equality of all needs and using forms of communication and full embodiment to support connecting individuals and groups into their essence, consciousness and spirituality.
Working as trainer, expert, adviser, manager, father and a teacher for over 27 years, he is keen in exploring and sharing life with others.
Tuition fee covers workshop materials, boklets and at least three workshop offered by the trainers per day.
First Early Bird Price (registration before 31.1.2020)
Early Bird Price (registration before 31.3.2020)
Regular Price (registration 1.4.2020 and after)
You are invited to pay more, based on what you can afford to contribute. By contributing more you may enable some people, who can not afford to pay the full tuition, to join us.
If you have a burning desire to join us and you cannot afford paying the full tuition fee please send us an e-mail and we will try to figure it out together.
Link to FB page
Registration Web page: https://sit.nvc.si/