Trainer Candidate Community Path (TCCP)
Main contact: Kathleen Macferran, CNVC Certified Trainer & Assessor/Advocate
Collaborator/Advisor: Karl Steyaert, CNVC Certified Trainer & Assessor/Advocate
- Living, learning and sharing NVC in community
- Contributing to the sharing of NVC with integrity and consciousness
- Exploring one’s passion and potential to serve Life
- Co-creating a peaceful, sustainable world
This program is for CNVC trainer candidates who would like to:
- Explore the certification path in community
- Co-create structures for personal and community development
- Apply NVC in areas such as building sustainable community, restorative systems, thriving organizations, empowering education, personal healing, family connection and conflict resolution
- Challenge themselves to integrate NVC into all aspects of their lives
The focus of this program is learning and living NVC in community through relationships embracing empathy and honesty, commitment to self-discovery/connection, and supporting interdependence and shared-power. We envision a life-long community that lives and breathes the guiding principles of NVC.
We are all longing to go home
to some place we have never been —
a place half-remembered and half-envisioned
we can only catch glimpses of
from time to time.
Somewhere, there are people
to whom we can speak with passion
without having the words catch in our throats.
Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us,
eyes will light up as we enter, voices will celebrate with us
whenever we come into our own power.
Community means strength that joins our strength
to do the work that needs to be done.
Arms to hold us when we falter.
A circle of healing. A circle of friends.
we can be free.
Kathleen, Karl and a core group of CNVC Certified Trainers will work with candidates who are willing to integrate some or all of the following into their certification journey over the course of the first year in TCCP (The pacing/timing of certification is an individual process, averaging 2-4 years):
1) To establish relationships and create space to live NVC consciousness together, candidates are asked to attend a minimum of 3 of the 4 trainer candidate weekend gatherings with Kathleen and rotating Certified Trainers on Bainbridge Island, WA, during the first year, and 1 of the 4 weekend gatherings per year in subsequent years. There may also be regional gatherings that would count as a weekend gathering time. 2015 TCCP weekend dates are:
Jan 23- 25, 2015 (3 day orientation weekend)
May 2-3, 2015
Sept 12-13, 2015
Nov 7-8, 2015
2) Collaborate with TCCP members (Kathleen, Karl, other Certified Trainers and other candidates) on applied NVC projects of your choice. Some ideas include:
Freedom Project work inside WA State Men’s and Women’s prisons
Intentional community building and development
Restorative System development and Restorative Circle facilitation
Building local NVC communities
Projects in educational organizations
3) Participate in some applied project where NVC is creating social change.
4) Work with 2 other CNVC Certified Trainers outside of TCCP. All trainers (those within TCCP and those outside TCCP) and trainer candidates will be involved in the decision to recommend certification.
5) Create and maintain a personal support network
6) Collaborate with other trainer candidates to give and receive support in self-identified learning edges. This may involve on-line correspondence, conference calls, joint trainings, in-person gatherings, and empathy calls.
7) Participate in and co-create TCCP systems: our restorative system, decision-making system and economic system (“generosity system” mentioned below).
Generosity System for financial support of TCCP community:
Joyful giving and receiving are cherished values in TCCP. We co-created an economic system based on needs, generosity and bold requests, that each individual in TCCP can access. We wish to support open access to NVC training for all people, regardless of financial resources, and want those making NVC training available to be fully supported.
Applying for the Trainer Candidate Community Program
This program began in Jan 2010 and is on-going. New groups will form as spaces open up. If you are interested in applying for this program, put your name on the candidate wait list at CNVC by emailing Ali firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you’d like to work with TCCP. Kathleen will contact those on the wait list who are interested in exploring if the TCCP program is a good match for their certification strategy (usually in Oct/Nov of each year).
Due to limited spaces and a desire to create flow in the certification process, Kathleen prefers to work with those who already have substantial immersion and fluency in NVC. Substantial immersion may include:
- At least 30 days of training with a CNVC trainer
- A well established process of personal growth and learning using NVC consciousness
- A high level of integration of NVC skills in your life
- Involvement with application of NVC in a community project
- A recommendation from a CNVC certified trainer
For more information on Karl Steyaert see http://www.FindFlow.org.