Building Authentic Relationships
How to bring Balance, Trust, Collaboration & Efficiency at Home and Work
(4-11 July 2020)
Building Authentic Relationships is a 7 day intensive residential retreat with focus on our personal and professional relationships. The retreat is suitable for beginners and advanced practitioners in Nonviolent Communication (by Marshall Rosenberg)
date: 4-11 July 2020 Slovenia
official webpage: http://www.nvc.si/siit
Facilitators and Trainers
Kathleen Macferran, Certified trainer and assessor with the International Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
Javor Škerlj Vogelnik Certification trainer candidate with the International Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
Dmitriy Kopina Certified trainer with the International Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC)
We would like to welcome you to this special retreat which we designed for people new to Nonviolent Communication as well as for advanced practitioners and trainers in the process of certification, who wish to deepen their already abundant skills and experiences with the Language of Life.
You might wish to join this retreat if you are interested in achieving better understanding, cooperation, efficiency or mutual respect in communication both in your personal relationships as well as at work.
The process work will be facilitated by Kathleen Macferran who has abundant experience in holding spaces for learners of all levels participating in the same room and everyone getting learning.
Participants who are new to NVC will have additional support from trainers Dmitriy and Javor who will offer parallel workshops.
Please feel most welcome even if you have no experiences with Nonviolent communication whatsoever.
Our group diversity will bring additional aliveness into the focused learning process and invite direct application of the teachings.
Below are some of the topics you will be invited to inquire about during this retreat. While some of topics focus more on the work environment and leadership and others embrace the personal relationships with family, partners and children, all of them are interconnected.
Topics related to personal environment:
- What matters most to me?
• How can I more fully live in alignment with my values?
• Speaking and listening to my loved ones in ways that inspire compassion
- What is NVC
- How can I be guided by the principles of Nonviolent Communication while being true to my own authentic expression?
- How do I interact with my children, friends and intimate partners in ways that are authentic to me, yet connecting in all the different contexts?
- Transform blame and judgement into connection
- Develop the concrete skills of nonviolence leading to reconciliation with ourselves and our family members
- How to facilitate reconciliation when you are part of the conflict
- How to facilitate reconciliation when you are not part of the conflict
• How can we engage with conflict in ways that make us all more secure?
• Can we find the beauty in conflict?
- Empathic responses in the midst of conflict to deescalate the situation
Topics related to work and business environment:
• A quality of listening that inspires connection
- Expressing yourself in ways that inspire collaboration
- How to structure and lead inspiring meetings and conferences• How can I give and receive feedback as an executive of a company and be honest and caring at the same time?
- How do I interact with my professional colleagues and keep an authentic connection as well as efficiency at work place.
• What is conflict?
• How to engaging with conflict at work place in a constructive way
- How can I make a difference in my professional relationships to bring about more collaboration and ease in getting along?
- Discover how to come back to center when upset and deliver an authentic and empowering speech as a leader
• Explore individual and systemic options for engaging with conflict in the work environment• How to co-create restorative systems in the professional working environment
- Leadership with shared power and shared resources
- How to build trust with co-workers
- Mediation processes at work place
- Efficiency at work place and care for all employees
This are some of the topics we will be exploring and participants are invited to request also topics of their own that they would like to see presented. All workshops welcome active participation of participants who can learn and build their communication skills up on direct practical examples and experience.
We are open for a group of about 35 participants from various backgrounds, fields of specialization and walks of life to co-create a safe space for gaining communication skills and fostering change on personal and professional levels. Please feel a warm welcome to join us whether you are a parent, teacher, activist, leader, businessman, social worker or a curious explorer of life…
Translation: into Slovene when needed