BUILDING STRONG COMMUNITIES AS THE BACKBONE OF SOCIAL CHANGE
This is a 5-day workshop with Kathleen Macferran, to be held in-person, given the proper conditions in this time of pandemic.
TOGETHER WE WILL:
- Recognize the critical systems within communities that help them thrive and how can we influence and/or co-create systems within communities that support the well-being of all.
- Discover what is the intersection of systemic, cultural norms and individual actions.
- Become aware of the power we personally have to influence systems.
- Identify what inner resources we want to cultivate to bring our gifts more fully to our community.
- Explore how we can talk about power, influence, privilege, choices and resources in ways that invite all voices to the table and into collaboration.
During this gathering, our focus will be on actively strengthening the communities we belong to (families, neighborhoods, organizations, workplaces, schools, prisons, spiritual communities…) with the intention to attend to the well-being of all. We will explore what kind of world we want to live in and what systems support that world.
Together, we will explore:
- What is our vision of how we want to live?
- How do we create communities and organizations that thrive?
- How do we recognize and support what is already working in our communities?
- What is missing in our communities or what qualities do we want to strengthen to bring about more health, peace and collaboration?
- How do we make our prisons houses of healing?
This workshop will be interactive, with every voice contributing to the collective learning as well as time for individual reflection and integration. The facilitation will support both structured inquiry as well as what is emerging from moment to moment.
Register for the workshop “Building Strong Communities as the Backbone of Social Change” facilitated by Kathleen Macferran, 2021 September 14 – 19, Espace Rivoire (France)
We would like to offer everyone the possibility to contribute to the costs of the workshops according to their financial means (income, savings, assets…). Therefore we propose three different training rates and several options for accommodation and meals, which are listed below in the Venue section
CONTRIBUTOR rate > €650
STANDARD rate €650
REDUCED rate €350 – €600
*Participation in a workshop requires to join NVC Beyond Borders by paying an annual membership fee of €20. This fee is to be added to the training fees. The membership is valid for one calendar year and allows you to register for one or more workshops in the year.
THE VENUE: THE ESPACE RIVOIRE
Located between Lyon and Geneva, in the heart of the Rhone-Alpes region, the Espace Rivoire offers a natural environment conducive to learning and rejuvenation, while being easily accessible by public transport. The Nurieux and Brion-Montre?al train stations are located less than 20 minutes from the site, from where shuttles are organized.
The Espace Rivoire offers a variety of ACCOMMODATION options: single to quadruple rooms, with a private or shared bathroom; tepee, yurt or tent with collective sanitary facilities. This diversity allows everyone to choose according to their budget and the degree of friendliness or intimacy they want.
For MEALS, different options adapted to everyone’s appetite and/or budget are available: full board, half-board, only lunch or dinner.
It is not possible to prepare meals independently. A refrigerator and a microwave are available for people who do not wish to take full board though, paying a contribution of €2 per day.
The cuisine is vegetarian, gluten-free and lactose- free, prepared with organically grown food. People with food allergies can, on request, benefit from adapted meals, paying a supplement of between €3 and €5 per meal (depending on the specificity of the diet).
ABOUT NVC BEYOND BORDERS
NVC Beyond Borders seeks to facilitate the emergence of a living together that transcends all kinds of borders, so as to take care of life in all its forms, through Nonviolent Communication.
To this end, we wish to:
- Organize in-residence workshops in France with international facilitators to explore NVC through specific themes.
- Create a space for meeting and sharing regularly between the French- speaking and the international NVC networks.
- Bring together different audiences welcoming everyone interested in NVC (facilitators, people in the process of certification, “new” or “experienced” practitioners…).
- Facilitate the financial accessibility of NVC to people from less-privileged socio-economic backgrounds.
- Move towards an economic system based on gift economy, for a living together driven by the joy of contributing to everyone’s well-being.
- Cultivate an awareness of interdependence and inter-being.