BUILDING STRONG COMMUNITIES AS THE BACKBONE OF SOCIAL CHANGE
In Paris, France, August 20-24, 2022
Updated from delayed 2021 event due to COVID
This is a 5-day workshop with Kathleen Macferran, to be held in-person, given the proper conditions in this time of pandemic.
TOGETHER WE WILL:
- Recognize the critical systems within communities that help them thrive and how can we influence and/or co-create systems within communities that support the well-being of all.
- Discover what is the intersection of systemic, cultural norms and individual actions.
- Become aware of the power we personally have to influence systems.
- Identify what inner resources we want to cultivate to bring our gifts more fully to our community.
- Explore how we can talk about power, influence, privilege, choices and resources in ways that invite all voices to the table and into collaboration.
During this gathering, our focus will be on actively strengthening the communities we belong to (families, neighborhoods, organizations, workplaces, schools, prisons, spiritual communities…) with the intention to attend to the well-being of all. We will explore what kind of world we want to live in and what systems support that world.
Together, we will explore:
- What is our vision of how we want to live?
- How do we create communities and organizations that thrive?
- How do we recognize and support what is already working in our communities?
- What is missing in our communities or what qualities do we want to strengthen to bring about more health, peace and collaboration?
- How do we make our prisons houses of healing?
This workshop will be interactive, with every voice contributing to the collective learning as well as time for individual reflection and integration. The facilitation will support both structured inquiry as well as what is emerging from moment to moment.
Register for the workshop “Building Strong Communities as the Backbone of Social Change” facilitated by Kathleen Macferran, August 20-24, 2022
We would like to offer everyone the possibility to contribute to the costs of the workshops according to their financial means (income, savings, assets…). Therefore we propose three different training rates and several options for accommodation and meals, which are listed below in the Venue section
CONTRIBUTOR rate > €650
STANDARD rate €650
REDUCED rate €350 – €600
*Participation in a workshop requires to join NVC Beyond Borders by paying an annual membership fee of €20. This fee is to be added to the training fees. The membership is valid for one calendar year and allows you to register for one or more workshops in the year.
ABOUT NVC BEYOND BORDERS
NVC Beyond Borders seeks to facilitate the emergence of a living together that transcends all kinds of borders, so as to take care of life in all its forms, through Nonviolent Communication.
To this end, we wish to:
- Organize in-residence workshops in France with international facilitators to explore NVC through specific themes.
- Create a space for meeting and sharing regularly between the French- speaking and the international NVC networks.
- Bring together different audiences welcoming everyone interested in NVC (facilitators, people in the process of certification, “new” or “experienced” practitioners…).
- Facilitate the financial accessibility of NVC to people from less-privileged socio-economic backgrounds.
- Move towards an economic system based on gift economy, for a living together driven by the joy of contributing to everyone’s well-being.
- Cultivate an awareness of interdependence and inter-being.